Red Series

Monday 15 April 2013

M is for Maidens and Men of Gore


Maidens and Men of Gore are citizens selected from birth to act as earthly representatives for Bane (think of them as ancient priests and priestesses but for a violent blood lust god). They do rituals as worship including bloodletting to drain their sin, death matches and dancing after drinking concoctions said to bring them closer to their god. When chosen, an infant is taken from their family and never seen again until they're several years older.

Lord Brinn is tasked with bringing back Deidra when Bane speaks through one of the maidens.

Disputes of the legitimacy of Bane have been raised. But after questioning the honesty of the Maidens and Men of Gore, several who voiced it publicly were found murdered. Silencing further dispute.

21 comments:

  1. Bane sounds terrifying or at least, the very idea of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, this story will make me pee my pants or have nightmares, won't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have put a lot of thought into this book Sheena-kay! With the rituals and the politics behind the plot!

    Can't wait for its release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously creepy. You can't question with consequence, right? At least not openly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one way to control the masses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like an awesome (and brutal) world you've created, Sheena!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a horrible religion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a tough place to grow up and an interesting premise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. I would not want to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh geez. This does not sound fun...haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well. that's one way to solve an argument. haha. The Bane sounds pretty damn violent, and very cool. LOVE the concept!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lady! You've got to get this book published. I'm ready to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess that would silence dispute! Wow, very scary place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that's dark. In a very lovely way :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like an evil Oz - one who kills instead of sending problem makers out to be killed. :) Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of Bane before. Definitely someone I don't want to meet in a dark alley.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Men of Gore is enough to make me shudder.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope the infants didn't have to bloodlet.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...