Red Series

Friday 12 April 2013

K is for Kale

 

                           Free Photo Gallery | Abstract | 20111218052727-68b2c6f


Kale is a wanderer that Deidra meets in the desert. Kale is his wandering name and it originates from Hawaii. He both mystifies and intrigues Deidra. His coloured skin is something she takes notice of since she has only seen Caucasians all her life. Also his knowledge of a time called Old World piques her interest. But as his feelings for the beautiful girl he saved in the desert intensifies, things get heated for the handsome eighteen year old.

Kale has made it his life mission to go out into the world and spread the message of the Old World. The Nuclear Wars destroyed so much and he only hopes to help the lost and downtrodden rise up and create a new and better world.

Initially when I created Kale he was more of a pessimist thinking that the world was rotten and needed to end. But as Sacrifice Her progressed I decided that the negative attitude had to go and ended up with a positive thinking Kale instead. No regrets from my end.

15 comments:

  1. I love the name Kale... and I love that pic you've included in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like he plays a key role in the book. I can't wait to read it after all these teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you changed it to positive - enough negative thinkers in the world already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never go wrong with a positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when characters start to take shape and change your mind about them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kale sounds like a character I'd love to meet. (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to eat Kale. But this character sounds interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kale sounds very cool! Like a wandering minstrel or preacher in a new world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm all for positive thinking. Kale sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like that name. Sounds like he has a good character arch :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been intrigued by Kale since you first mentioned him, and this post just makes me want to know even more about him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's very interesting the directions our characters can take!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It would also be interesting to see Kale (or anyone) move from a pessimistic mindset to a positive one as a character arc. I may have to try that with one of my characters that simply refuses to change. But it sounds like changing him from his introduction works better here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's something very biblical about Kale wandering in the desert.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...