Red Series

Monday 8 April 2013

G is for Gods


Gods are a driving force in Sacrifice Her (Book one in The Sacrifice Series). After the Nuclear Wars, the world was in chaos. People were scattered everywhere and those in places that got destroyed had to flee.

In the case of the citizens of Faux City, they believe all fortune good or bad are determined by the gods. Their history says that God of Gore liberated their ancestors from tyrannical creatures and then moved to the safety of the desert oasis where Faux City was built. In thanks they still worship Bane and follow all his demands to keep him as their protector. This includes yearly human sacrifices of those in their teens to mid-twenties. When Deidra escapes, citizens hope for her recapture so that their offering will be complete and Bane, pleased.

12 comments:

  1. They traded one monster for another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story sounds like one that will keep me up all night or make me pee my pants. How scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine the fear that people in "their teens to mid-twenties" faced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeep. Human sacrifice! Sounds like a "no holds barred" world filled with terror.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say that this aspect to your world building intrigues me. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting and sounds like the backstory of the gods would make for some great reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing what people will do in the name of god, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Worship of gods goes a bit too far sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clare wrote exactly what I was going to write. But it sure does make for an intriguing story and it sets things up for the rest of the book. I'm hooked. (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's just something enticing about gods in fiction, whether a single deity or a pantheon.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...