Red Series

Monday 9 May 2016

Getting Personal with Reflection Post and Monday MishMash

Today I'll be integrating my Getting Personal segment with the A to Z Reflection post.


2016's A to Z Blogging Challenge ended April 30 and in it's wake are all kinds of emotions both from those who took part in the challenge and those who were just spectators. For myself I have a mixed sense of elation, tiredness, and relief. Elation from being a victor and completing the challenge. Last year I did not take part but was a minion to The Joy Brigade. This year however I was determined to take part and also ended up being a minion to a variety of blogs. About two or three ended up being removed from the challenge and another one or two stopped writing challenge posts. But there were those who went to the end even if they didn't get every letter. I send congrats to all of them as taking on this challenge is not easy. Then there is tiredness. April took a wild turn when I was hit by a bad flu. If I had not made notes of the movies I wanted to do in advance I am not sure if I would have made it after sickness hit. A lot of the post I ended up having to do day to day because the flu as well as my exhaustion issues and everything else that comes with having a life took hold. Yet I still persevered and that's what matters. Lastly there's the sense of relief. As much as I loved going from day to day proving I could do the challenge as well as enjoying my movie theme. It was a relief to post the letter Z. It's kind of like writing a book. Of course you want to write it. But you also want to finish that book eventually and move unto something else. No one wants too much of a good thing.



At the end of the day I'm very happy with A to Z this year. My only gripe is that there are some on the list who join with zero interest in visiting others at all. But that has nothing to do with those who organize the event and is up to the individual. It was fun sharing my love of movies with both regular visitors and new alike. Kudos to all who worked so hard to organize the event and to all who took part thanks for making this year's challenge so many flavors of wonderful.


Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme created by Kelly Hashway for sharing what's going on in your life and noggin. You just grab a button and post your business...I mean thoughts online. No biggie. Have fun!

This week will pretty much be a week of writing, enjoying some shows on television and Netflix and going to see Captain America: Civil War in theaters. Oh and reading of course. Definitely reading.

Thanks for stopping by today.

20 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, there were a lot who didn't visit others this year. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good Challenge, Sheena. I pretty much approached it in the same way as you: first time participant, first time Minion :) That's commitment! Congratulations for that! Really sorry you had the flu during it though. That must have been tough. So extra credit!! Thanks for today's reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the challenge. It's especially an accomplishment that you completed it since you were sick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a big achievement to finish then since you were sick during the A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't noticed the challange much around this year, I think most of the people I visit didn't participate this year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on surviving! that too with being sick! Sorry to hear you had the flu, and hope you are fully recovered now. Glad you enjoyed the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That indeed was an accomplishment to finish the challenge and to have been so sick through it! Of the blogs I followed as part of Joy's minion, I would leave comments daily and about 10% of the people returned a visit. I also visited a lot of other blogs and rarely got a return visit. I'm not sure if some people just wanted to do the challenge to discipline themselves to write daily, so maybe that was not their intent to visit other blogs.

    All in all, a great challenge!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty. Glad to see you were among those visiting other blogs including mine.

      Delete
  8. People not participating really is a downer. The Challenge is all about connecting, so it's sad when people chose not to do that.

    Congrats on finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, sadly, it's those participants who have made me decide not to do it again. Also, there were a lot of infomercials on the list this year. "The A to Z of these cool crafts I sell," that sort of thing. But as with anything, you always find a LOT of good people who do give back. We tend to forget about those. It's not just this blog hop. I know a lot of bloggers who have found blog hops in general don't really pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think for some it's just to see if they can successfully post once a day, not so much visiting others, and sometimes, especially when you post daily, you don't have time to, which I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love challenges but more often that not, even thought they were fun, they ended up stressing me out too worrying about finishing them so I had to stop signing up for them. I'm so glad you completed yours though and you made it through it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got the flu, I was in a car accident... You know, sometimes life takes priority. (Glad I was already "on break." Hah.) Way to be a bulldozer! You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on powering through to Z! It was a crazy busy month but I really enjoyed the challenge and the opportunity to connect with other bloggers.

    @WeekendsinMaine
    Weekends in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm shocked how many people have said this year that they didn't bother visiting other blogs! I was lucky that I found a group of like-minded bloggers who wanted to connect with others :)
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on powering through! My neighbors got a bad stomach bug mid-April and I was really worried we would get it from them. But no! Thank goodness. Anyway question for those here who are clearly keeping track of commenters who don't reciprocate visits. How are you keeping track of that? Does your blog have some sort of gadget, or do you do it by hand? I tried to reciprocate to all, but easily may have overlooked a few. Plus I didn't realize the importance of visiting THEIR blog in addition to responding to their comments - rectified that later. But it wouldn't have occurred to me to track everyone I visited and see if they visited me back.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Useful article, thank you for sharing the article!!!

    Website: bloggiaidap247.com giúp bạn giải đáp bash là gì hay bash idol là gì và nhiều thông tin hữu ích

    ReplyDelete
  17. Download full of Adventure movie the Lion King in mp4 HD Qaulity👇

    Lion King Latest in mp4 HD Qaulity

    Follow my social networks for funny memes and odd news

    Facebook page 👇
    follow Facebook page
    Twitter👇
    Join Twitter
    Telegram👇
    Join Telegram

    ReplyDelete
  18. Competent, clean, holistic presentation is an indicator of high intelligence. And essaywriter can provide it. By paying attention to exemplary work, you can get into the circle of the teacher's favorites. This will have a positive effect on your future grades in the subject. And of course, we all know about how difficult it is for students to live, so you can order an essay inexpensively from us

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...