Wednesday, 23 May 2018
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that allows us to spotlight books we are eagerly anticipating to be released.
When I saw the cover reveal for this book, it took my breath away. Then I read the blurb and knew I had to get my own copy. There's no question that this sweeping three perspective novel is right up my alley. I can't wait for 2019.
Release Date: January 2019
Blurb: One empire. Two princesses. A war that could tear the world apart.
So what do you think? Is this story up your alley? Isn't to cover breath taking? Thanks for stopping by. Netflix Nation will be back to Fridays only as of next week.
Tuesday, 15 May 2018
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl.
I generally enjoy most of the books I've read. So I decided to just list the books I didn't like reading because I'm not usually glad if they were unenjoyable. This list is in no particular order except for #1.
1. Riot School by Robert Rayner - This book was absolute trash. Not sorry, it was racist, Islamophobic, Anti-Muslim, sexist, misinformation and so many other things. Worst of all it was touted as educational material for young readers. Just thinking about this book makes me upset. As if we are not already trying to make the world a better place without this crap. A huge no!
2. Soldier by Julie Kagawa - There was so much potential but it got bogged down by a sudden switch in focus and a drop in writing quality. The love triangle was always around but when it suddenly took priority over everything else without reason it just messed up the third book in this series. I continued since not everything was awful but I still don't understand why this book even exists.
3. The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare - If you wanted Harry Potter to bore you, here's the perfect book.
4. Willow by V.C. Andrews - So boring it's almost fatal. Stay away!
5. The Mortal Instruments: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare - I feel so betrayed. What did I do wrong universe? I love this series and the author but I think this book tried to kill me. I'm just floored, it was so bad.
So that's my list this week. Thank you for stopping by and I'll be trying to post regularly as of now. My health has been unexpectedly in a downturn of late. Take care.
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that allows us to spotlight books we are eagerly anticipatin...
Today I'll be integrating my Getting Personal segment with the A to Z Reflection post. 2016's A to Z Blogging Challenge ended A...
Source: Pixabay artist Leave it to me to be late for my own goodbye party. I started this blog October 2011 and had an incredible jo...
Planet of the Lawn Gnomes (Goosebumps Most Wanted #1) by R.L. Stine Genre: Children/ Middle Grade Horror Source: Netgalley Purchase: Ama...