Red Series

Thursday 11 April 2013

J is for Justice

 

                        Free Photo Gallery | Abstract | 20110815120324-a7c3eb93


Justice is a fickle thing in Sacrifice Her. Everyone has their own definition of how justice would serve them.

For Faux City citizens, it's to correct Deidra's running off and leaving them to God of Gore's wrath. Justice for them would be Deidra's return so that the sacrifice can be completed.

Deidra wants to be left alone and not think of Gods or being sacrificed. Receiving justice would mean being allowed to live her life as a free person. Hopefully with her family again. But as the book progresses, priorities change.

Kale wants to spread the news of the Old World in hopes of revitalizing countries to their former glory and also keep Deidra safe. Justice by his definition would include punishing those who started the Nuclear Wars and for Deidra to be left alone.

Lord Brinn wants to keep Faux City safe. Justice would be capturing Deidra and completing the sacrifice. Also he'd hope to be able to convince Bane to drop the number of sacrifices required to single digits.

11 comments:

  1. It's like the truth as seen from different viewpoints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justice: it's making me think of Les Mis. Everyone sees justice as something different. Why books are so fun to read and write-two people can see the exact same thing and see it completely different. Great post. I found your from Ilima Todd's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of justice being different from every angle... it's how it really happens, isn't it? Only those in power get the final say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how one word can mean different things to different people. Very cool ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was at the National Book Festival last year, a person in line in front of me who was an 8th grade teacher told me that the books that resonate most with her students are ones that deal with justice versus fairness versus equitableness, because those are not always the same things.

    Sounds like you've got it covered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Justice, can be a subjective thing, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got tired of seeing so much injustice in this world. I finally had to console myself with the thought that no one will escape final justice. Now I can live more peacefully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. heh heh
    I like Faux City. What a great name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting how justice differs depending upon viewpoint. Everything comes down to perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah. It's tempting to twist an impartial standard of justice until it means you get what you want. A lot of us never notice that we're doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...