Red Series

Monday 31 October 2016

Monday MishMash at October's End




Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme created by Kelly Hashway for sharing what's going on in your life and noggin. You just grab a button and post your business...I mean thoughts online. No biggie. Have fun!

1. Sadly movie week was a bust. Rain, family issues and a health incident (when I get sharp pains in certain places. I aint going to a dark movie theater. No.) turned that plan into a pumpkin.

2. I'm doing Nanowrimo. Yep, still going strong on that. I love taking part even though I have never won before. Will I win this year. I'm gearing up for that. But either way, I'm in.

3. Found a replacement cover artist. Please freelancers, don't wait until the very month of a pre-planned cover schedule to cancel or shift practically two months down. Not cool! I'm so annoyed I'm considering possibly not using this cover artist in the future. She's very talented but damn, this whole sudden shift really pissed me off. If you're going to be away for all of November and can't book for September. Then don't put me in late October then cancel during October a.k.a. offer me a December move which I wasn't waiting for. The worst part? I have things I wanted to do in December but now I'm doubtful they'll be with her. Freelancers, stay on top of your stuff. I want things to be ready for my 2017 releases as soon as possible so I can promote timely.

4. Still buzzing over the upcoming model cover shoot in January. If all goes well for the cover of my tentative fall 2017 release Huntress (novel). I just might use this photographer for all the covers. Please don't ditch, please don't ditch!

5. I got some reading in over the weekend and it was nice. One was a short erotica novella and the other a YA with dual POV. Look out for book reviews to return next week.

6. I have been reading up on how to increase my writing word count and have come upon some really nice tips. Will share this month. I'm a full-time writer so I'm ready for all the help I can get. Plus all the positive vibrations from you guys. Thanks for coming to my blog both long time and new readers.

That's all folks! Thanks for stopping by and God Bless.


17 comments:

  1. The cover artist cancelled at the last moment? That is not cool. And unprofessional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I both do freelance work (him artwork, me book formatting) and we never take on a project we can't finish on time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's terrible about the person who backed out on your cover. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you've been ill! Some people from the publishing industry are really unprofessional! We had translators who would take a manuscript and keep it for six months and not translate it even though the publisher needs it for their publishing deadline... designers do same things too... That is why Dezzy is the most trustworthy translator in Serbia :) and wider....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely show a great work and moral ethic Dez. No surprise you use it in your professional life as well.

      Delete
  5. That was sad about the freelancer. You would think they would be more reliable. Hope you feel better soon.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty. The worst part was that I had used her before and she's a very popular graphic artist. I understand when things can go wrong. But she overbooked and had the nerve to say in her 'so called' apology that I should have booked earlier. She knew she would not be available for November. She should have arranged her dates smarter. And I no longer have the sharp pains I had last week. So yay! Thanks for stopping by Betty.

      Delete
  6. So sorry about the cover artist bailing on you. Glad you found someone else, and hope they work out even better than the original.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you've had so much trouble with the artist, that doesn't sound very professional at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you weren't feeling well. I'm in for NaNo too. I like using it for getting my first drafts done. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got in some extra reading last week and it was so nice!

    Good luck with NaNo. I'll be writing in the afternoons for it since I have to edit for clients in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do freelancing. I always tell my clients when they can expect their edits. And I'm usually done sooner. Keeping deadlines is a must.

    Good luck with NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great NaNo November! May your mind overflow with creativity and your productivity exceed your expectations.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you're feeling better.

    Good luck on the writing challenge. I tried once and was a total fail- never tried it again.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...