Red Series

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Mike Wazowski from Monsters University and Allegiant


Mike Wazowski is a character from the animated movies Monsters Inc and Monsters University. But it is his character in the latter that I'm focused on today. Mike starts out as a child monster who wants to belong, then an experience on a tour of Monsters Inc. inspires him to become a scarer. He gets into the prestigious Monster University as a student in the highly revered Scaring Program. The challenge he faces with smarts and fearless drive helped propel a wonderful movie that sadly didn't all the credit it truly deserved. Of course anyone who knows Mike also remembers his humour in Monsters Inc and that essential part of his personality isn't lost in the movie prequel Monsters University.

Mike Wazawski is memorable to me because he is a reminder that perseverance is the driving force behind success and no matter what your dreams and goals are not only important but an essential part to who you are. I can't say more without revealing major spoilers but Mike is that dreamer in all of us. The dreamer who is willing to put in the hard work and defy naysayers in ways not even he expects. Which I think goes for all us as our dreams transform with time.



Oh and this scene is just a taste of his never give up humorous charm.





P.S.:  If you think your University Dean was (or is) hard on you? Watch this.



Allegiant

I read the final book in the Divergent trilogy over the weekend. Oh my GOD this book was beyond incredible! If you read the other two books go get this now. Hell if you haven't read this series yet get started.Veronica Roth you are  writing goddess and I'm ready to grab the next series/book you move on to. Be Brave and show us fans what you are made of.

26 comments:

  1. I love Monster Inc very possible message. Good luck with the rest of the challenge. do check out my blog at http://www.angiecreativeink.com/blog/ thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I love the mix of monsters and humour. That must have been a frightful degree he got from his scary studies at the Monster University, but tha'ts the way degrees are going now.
    Great blog, Sheena-kay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Monsters Inc. was fun! I have yet to watch Monsters University, but I plan to at some stage.
    I'm very interested in your response to ALLEGIANT. I haven't read it yet, because after it came out, there were SOO many negative reviews, I think because of the ending. I didn't want spoilers so I didn't read any reviews in detail. I've just been afraid to read the book ever since!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read it, readers need to realize that the author controls the story not the reader. Glad you enjoyed my M post and watch MU when you can.

      Delete
  4. I still haven't seen Monsters, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like the little girl said in Wreck it Ralph. "Tut, tut..." You had at least a decade sir.

      Delete
  5. We all need our reminders of the benefits of perseverance. As of right now, I am your newest follower and proud of it.
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The video clip was funny. I loved it anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We need to switch countries for a couple of months. I need to watch more movies on the big screen. Plus I've always wanted to go to Jamaica.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like, very sweet, it is the most fun monster!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't seen Monsters, Inc. yet. But my daughter and I read are going to have to buy the second book in the series, Insurgent, because the library copies are continually checked out and there is a loooong waiting list. Can't wait until I write a book that popular!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a big fan of Mike - ever the underdog!

    I have not read Divergent yet at all. It's definitely on my list of series to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw Monsters, Inc. years ago--you miss the subtle messages they weave throughout the story unless you're really looking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic choice. Haven't seen MU yet, but I don't doubt that Mike stole the show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perseverance is so important!!!

    Tenacity trumps talent in so much of life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Mike too for his perseverance, but also for his optimism. Optimistic people are the best.

    True Heroes from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you decided to stick with the challenge! I haven't seen the movie or read the books. Cool that you got so much out of them. :) Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  16. My kids were obsessed with Monsters Inc. when they were little. I loved the character of Mike Wizowski!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I recently finished Allegiant as well. Amazing, wasn't it? I mean, I didn't give it 5/5 stars, but I think Roth was very brave to end it as she did.

    Never seen Monsters, Inc., or any of those movies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVED Monsters Inc. Mike was so great and I think Billy Chrystal is funny as hell. I have not seen all of Monster's U yet, but planning on it.

    --
    Timothy S. Brannan
    The Other Side, April Blog Challenge: The A to Z of Witches
    Ask an Atheist Day

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Monsters, Inc., but I haven't seen Monsters University yet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't seen Monsters University yet, but I enjoyed the first one!
    I've read Divergent, but not the next two. They're on the list, though!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I very much want to read Divergent and have heard a lot of positives about it. I think you just tipped me over the edge to go get it. Mike is a good character, I liked him.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yet to watch Monsters Inc. I shall now try to dig it out.

    Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2014, My Latest post

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...