Red Series

Thursday 3 April 2014

Carlisle Cullen



Carlisle Cullen from The Twilight Saga is a vampire who adopted a family of non-human blood drinking vampires. His journey started after being savagely attacked but his heart of gold and life of faith wouldn't let him feed on humans and he adapted to living off the blood of animals. While the Twilight series focus on the romance between Edward and Bella there would be none of that without Carlile. He turned Edward and gradually drew Edward into the life of no human blood drinking. While Alice and Jasper were already vampires before being adopted into the family the rest wouldn't exist without Carlisle.

Also I am drawn to his determination to help humans and live a life of goodness and protect his family. His willingness to help Jacob despite him being a werewolf and his ability to walk away from the Volturi despite the chance of power just solidifies my admiration and respect for this character. To me he is the Nelson Mandela of vampires and while some might gawk because he's from Twilight, no matter what you might think of the books, take a closer look at Carlisle. He might just surprise you.

Whether in the books or the movies, Carlisle Cullen, I salute you. Plus that situation in the last movie when Esme had the 'devastated face', that was so my reaction on the inside as well. On the outside I probably had Edward's shocked/alarmed face. Anyway, like I said I give Carlisle Cullen an A+ on being a truly good person.


P.S.: I will be commenting as much as I can during the challenge. Sadly due to some money woes (ish) I had to pass my laptop saving over to family members. I am being paid back but I have to start almost from scratch. Good news I have $100 US in waiting from my ghost writing client. Bad news thanks to lending out what I had I need at least $200 more for the laptop I want. But family is family and I can just bother my dad in the early morning for his laptop for a little longer. Well more like swiping it while he sleeps. But he knows and still lets me despite complaints. Good man.

23 comments:

  1. Dad's are special and you're a special lady to put family first. Hope you get your laptop soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to find characters like that :) Good luck with the laptop savings!

    Happy A to Z-ing!
    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Thank you for writing this, I LOVE Carlisle Cullen!!! he is by far my favorite character in all the Twilight series and vampire world in general, he's also a favorite for my family. I think he's so special and amazingly good, I wish there was a book solely about him and his journey because he deserves it. You just made my day with this post girl :) and please don't remind me of that dreadful scene, it tore my heart out. By the way, he's also a fantastic husband. Good luck with the laptop dilemma, fathers are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention that that 'Nelson Mandela of vampires' rocks :P

      Delete
  4. Carlisle was one of the few characters I liked in Twilight - lovely write-up about him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Carlisle, he really is a selfless character. He would do anything for the people he loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never read the books, but I did see all the movies. I think my biggest issue with Twilight was that the vampires were not really vampire enough.

    I did think the actor was very good though.

    Dads always give up their laptops! In fact I need to post fast because my son will be up soon and want this one!!

    --
    Timothy S. Brannan
    The Other Side, April Blog Challenge: The A to Z of Witches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm sorry you're struggling with money woes. But you're right, family has to come first. Glad you have more money coming from your ghostwriting,I hope you'll be able to get enough saved for your laptop soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about your laptop fund, but that was nice of you to help your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How like you to help your family first, even when it costs you something. God will bless your generous spirit of giving Sheena!

    I have to agree with you about Carlisle Cullen. He was a great character; a self-less, loving father. It is a rare thing to find a character who stands strong in his convictions. I enjoyed reading about him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww! great post - i do like the non-human bloodsuckers!

    i hope you get more jobs to help you toward that laptop! you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carlisle was one of my favorite characters in Twilight, but I think Alice was my ultimate favorite from that series :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carlisle is a great choice for the C day. He was also my favorite character in the twilight series :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, at least he adopted non-human blood drinking vampires. That's enough for me to invite them to the neighborhood barbeque. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a good vampire with a heart of gold! Magnificent !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, he was pretty great, although I have to wonder, with his character, would he really REALLY turn anyone? Hm. Food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carlisle was also one of my favorite characters from Twilight. I want a story just about him!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you get your laptop soon. I'm in the woe ship myself at the moment. Carlisle sounds like an interesting character.

    ReplyDelete
  18. TWILIGHT is my FAV :) Come back soon

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stuff happens. Good post!

    Hugs and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Carlisle is one of my favorite characters in the Twilight series. No one says much about him. I'm glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a fan of that series, and Carlisle is definitely a highly decent ... former human being. :) Seriously, I agree with your assessment of his character.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...