Red Series

Monday 25 July 2016

Cliche Book Tag

Note: I thought this might be my first book tag but I actually did a Civil War one back in May.

Francina Simone alerted me to this by doing her own Cliche Book Tag on Youtube.  After watching hers I said I would do my own one day and that day has arrived.



Question One: Actions Speak Louder than Words. A book that wasn't or couldn't be better than the movie.

Folks, that book for me has to be The Road by Cormac McCarthy. This book. I will never like it. It was so un-enjoyable to me I couldn't even look at the movie for more than a couple of minutes because I kept thinking of that damn book. Barely was able to read it. Don't care who likes it. NO.



Question Two: The Grass is Always Greener on the Other Side. A rags to riches or riches to rags story.

1. The Selection Series by Kiera Cass - I love this series. Don't care who says it's fluff. I love it as is.

The Selection Series Set: The Selection, The Elite, The One by  Kiera Cass

2. Princess Academy Series by Shannon Hale - A good series but I barely started book one and stopped. I plan to read it and the writing is really good. The story itself didn't grab me as well as the premise. Still I'd recommend it but read a sample first and see how it grabs you.



Question Three: The Apple does not fall Far from the Tree. A parent child relationship that you love.

 The Weasley family from The Harry Potter Series. Don't know why? Go read it? Already read it and still unsure? Then go read it again.


Question Four: You Can't Judge a Book by it's Cover. A great book that needs a better cover.

Now let me look for the cover of an author I don't know or do social media with.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - Yeah dude your book cover was not too interesting so I got the movie tie in cover and even that has lost it's glow. Still a cute couple but no. So yeah. Not even a great book or anything in my opinion but that's what I'm willing to name since I don't give a 'page'.

The Fault in Our Stars by [Green, John]                                   

Question Five: You Can't Please Everyone. A book you hate that everyone loves.

Um, guess that's The Road by Cormac Mc...I just don't care. Moving on. Nope won't do the cover.



Question Six: What Doesn't Kill you Makes you Stronger. What's a book that made you a better person for having read it.

1. Number the Stars - I was so touched by the story and bravery of multiple characters. I can't say how it made me better exactly but it showed me courage comes in all forms in a realistic period piece setting. Jews went through so much back then. Sad but we should never forget.



2. Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews - Pretty sure some eyebrows flew up reading this book on the list. But this book helped reaffirm for me that evil comes in all forms and never trust a pretty (or any type) face if you don't believe in anything else about that person. Also monsters come in all sizes and ages. God this was a freaky book. Yet sadly this stuff does really happen to people in various forms.



P.S.: Damn the covers for this book these days are unimaginative and ugly.

3. The Bible - Don't ask me to explain. God gave me life and I'm a proud Christian.



4. The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling - This series was just special and not only turned me into a fantasy and YA girl but also showed touching stories and characters that I'll never forget and love forever. Reading is good for the soul people. The soul!



Question Seven: Love is Blind. A book with a disabled character or actual blind love.

The Hunger Games Series: Peeta's love for Katniss. Come on people if you saw the movies or read the books, you know what I am saying. This guy was so determined to be with her he was willing to let her choose then do everything that makes it hard for a girl to say no. Plus Katniss did fall in love with him over time so he got lucky. Katniss was way less love blind in book one at least. Gale never stood a chance once Peeta strutted...stumbled into the arena. Oops.



Question Eight: Ignorance is Bliss. A book that is bad but you just don't want to admit it.

Soldier by Julia Kagawa (Talon Series #3) - For a while I refused to accept this to the point I didn't do book reviews again until recently. I finally gave the book two stars last week. It was just bad. Why?



Question Nine: There is No Time Like the Present. What is your favorite contemporary book?

I guess I'm between V.C. Andrews and Sweet Valley High series. I was very contemporary when I was younger so those books stand out. Pretty sure I've read better but these stand out in memory. I'm a fantasy girl now. Times change man.



Source

Question Ten: Better Safe than Sorry. A book you don't want to read in case it's bad.

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - I started but then kind of lost interest but really just conveniently have not picked back up. I actually hate the Fae and see them as the stuck up fairies of the magical world with delusions of grandeur shoved up their asses. Other than loving the author and a cool cover there was no reason to get this book. Worse I bought the sequel without batting an eye. What the hell is wrong me? Just stick to the Throne of Glass series by the same author that you actually like!

A Court of Thorns and Roses by [Maas, Sarah J.]

Thanks for coming and yes that's it. Bye and enjoy your day.

17 comments:

  1. What a super post, Sheena! I love your approach. I've never read Flowers in the Attic but my grandmother did. She loved it - that brings back memories. A recent book I read that I really didn't like was Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. Just didn't like the story at all, even though the reviews are very good. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bible is the perfect answer.
    Not read The Road. I don't read to be depressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're doing John Green here, I even translated two of his book, never was a fan of his... he is too manipulative with kids. Selection never seems to get into an adaptation stage :) My colleague just did Maas for Bosnia. I myself am of to do Lu's MIDNIGHT STAR

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Flowers in the Attic when I was 14. Probably not the best age to read something so vile and immoral. They really botched the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun post idea. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter loves The Selection series too and just asked me to get 2 books in the series fro the library. it's a bit light for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For some reason I feel that The Fault in Our Stars got that cover because it was written by a man and it's a love story. It keeps it from looking like a romance in any way. But I think the cover they chose makes it look like a fun, lighthearted book, and we all know that isn't the case!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 😂😂love your answers! That Flowers in the Attic cover is SO unimaginative! Also the Weasleys are my fav too!! i totally forgot about them!

    I'm reading A Court Of Thornes And Roses now 😁I hope it's good! This book is thick it BETTER be good! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read some of these books and I'd like to read the others. I read Flowers in the Attic several times. I remember the 1980's paperback cover best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Weasley's! What a fun tag. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was fun to read! The Weasleys are a great choice. You made me laugh about The Road. I've never read it but have always felt like I'd totally hate it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, what a fun post! you did a fabulous job with those questions!

    and thanks again for the twitter shoutout, you're such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just want to say how much I love love love your honesty! some of the books listed, I've wondered about. and i'm glad I haven't read them yet...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like you, I'm put off by bland book covers. It's a statement that says "Even though I want you to buy my book, I don't really care about it." What's up with that? I won't ever buy a book with a crappy cover.

    Smiles. Be well, Sheena-kay.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would choose "Number the Stars" for that same question. Such an amazing book.

    "The Fault in Our Stars" does need a better cover.

    I've been curious about "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still need to read The Road and want to read quite a few of the books on your list.

    Just one thing: Read ACOTAR. If only so you understand on an emotional level why ACOMAF is awesome. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the Harry Potter books and can't wait to own The Curses Child and add to my collection. I also loved reading the Sweet Valley series and was on team Peeta from the beginning. Gale didn't stand a chance.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...