Red Series

Thursday 19 December 2013

Getting Personal: Goal Fail and 2014

In February in posted Goals for 2013 Revamped and planned to accomplish as many of them as possible. Now 2013 is almost over and all I really managed to accomplish was goal #9 which was to take my marketing and promoting of my books more seriously. I believe I did a good job at at along with the help of Courtney who assisted me from the marketing package I had one. Even though I got sick and had to delay the book, I received honest sage advice that will help me for all things I market. Thank you Courtney.

Am I disappointed I didn't accomplish more goals. Yes. Do I feel bad. Oddly not really. Earlier in the year I did have the downs as I realized I was definitely going to accomplish as much as I'd planned. But now I know I did accomplish some things that weren't even on the list. I got Briar's Dilemma off the ground without it being on the list, I'm working on a new genre AYA, and I have a secret project that popped up on the tail end of Nano 2013. Even though I didn't publish any books this year I do have a smashing book cover for Sacrifice HER. There are things I did without a list and I learned from my failures.



What I want to say is that failure comes with lessons and what you learn prepares you to do better next time. For 2014 I don't plan to have a goal list but I will always have goals. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I do plan to post through the holidays minus Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

14 comments:

  1. You didn't fail - you just changed your goals as the year progressed.
    Have a wonderful Christmas, Sheena-kay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Well, not good that you didn't make all your goals, but good for you that you tried. I am a big list maker and a big list failure, but it's usually because my list was superhuman to start with, but on the bright side? I am always working toward something and never bored.
    May 2014 be a year of good health and achievement for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have changed the way I approach goal achievement as well - at least, for the incoming year. :) I will still have goals, but I won't be setting myself nearly as great a number. And I will endeavour to enjoy my leisure time and let the inspiration/motivation flow, rather than feeling bogged down by my own goal achieving expectations. :P

    As Alex said, you didn't fail, just changed course! And you did achieve great things! Congratulations. :) And let's enjoy 2014 shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Sheena-kay. That can be the hard thing about lists. You never know what else will come up and sometimes it's hard to see all the things you did do that maybe weren't on the list. Glad you were able to see it! You got a lot accomplished this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you accomplished many goals - just not necessarily the ones you wrote down! :) I agree with what you said. The main thing is to learn from all of it, successes and failures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your accomplishments, and I agree with Alex. There was no failure involved, you just changed them around! Wishing you all the best of luck in 2014, Sheena-kay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though you didn't accomplish all of your goals, you learned something and that's fantastic. Congratulation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try-fail-adjust. It's only failure when you skip that last one. May 2014 be a very successful year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never meet all of my goals. I think it's better though to dream big and have a few success than to achieve everything when the bar was set low.

    Have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't feel bad. We wouldn't be human if we reached all our goals all the time! I thought for sure I'd finish my first draft of my book before the new year, but the way things are going, even with only about 20% left to write, I'd be surprised if it happened.

    Oh well, next year I've got even more plans and goals! I'm not deterred. And Anticipating Dawn will be completed, that's for sure and for certain!

    Merry Christmas and God bless you Sheena-kay! Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't always complete my goal list either... Actually, they're more like guidelines anyway ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lists can be depressing if you let them get you down. Happy you realize that you have gotten things done aside from the stuff on the list. We'll always have stuff left to do on our agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is a controversial way to motivate yourself. Yes, it can happen if your plan works. And what if the situation did not allow to achieve the goal? I was very nervous because of this when I was at university. It began to seem to me that my abilities were lower than others. Then my friends advised me to look at everything easier and use natural CBD oils from a trusted source - www.shoppingcbd.com I found a lot of interesting information there and of course I tried the CBD. This put my nerves in perfect order. I try to set only real goals now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hola amigo en este caso, quiero ofrecerte esta herramienta https://espanolfarmacia.net/comprar-zithromax-generico/, porque escuché y leí muchas críticas positivas sobre él, prácticamente no tiene efectos secundarios.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...