Red Series

Monday 26 February 2018

Netflix Dragon: The Babysitter Review

Happy Monday folks. Today I'll be reviewing a Netflix Original Film. The Babysitter played on the trope of the evil babysitter and gave it a modern campy vibe. Read on for my full thoughts.



Tired of movies where babysitters are damsels in distress? Enjoy horror comedies? Want a cheap man's 'Home Alone' campy horror where the kid isn't actually alone? Like the more fun and less mind-bending movies by Netflix? Then this one might just be up your alley.


Viewers get to follow Cole, a young boy with typical things in his life like bullies, first crushes, and a best friend. One of the people he cared about the most was Bee, his babysitter. Sexy, cool, friendly and always telling Cole he's better than he thinks, she's a Godsend. But all of that goes out the window when one night Cole decided to stay up late. Seeing your babysitter and her friends murder a fellow teenager for a Satanic ritual would ruin anyone's night. Getting caught is even worse.


What ensues for Cole is a madcap fight for his life as these teens try to kill the only witness to a murder and well...Satan worshipping. Not for the squeamish since there was a lot of blood. As Cole struggles to survive and not be tempted to the join other side or get killed by the beautiful yet cunning Bee and her teen cohorts. The question is not just if Cole will survive but who will he be once this is all over.

In the end, the film is nothing deep, just fun cheap horror. If you like your films simple and want some laughs and maybe a few thrills, then this film might be for you. Personally, I enjoyed it a lot. Though I have to agree with the cheerleader. It's not cool to shoot a girl in the boob. Take care everyone.

So what do you think? Is this movie up your alley? Do you have/enjoy Netflix? Let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Probably not my kind of flick. Although the blood certainly wouldn't bother me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you looking for babysitter/childminder in Scotland, find it for free at childcare-scotland.com Perth

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...