Summary from Google: In the year 2077, Jack Harper (Tom Cruise) works as a security repairman on an Earth left empty and devastated after a war with aliens. Jack has two weeks left before his mission ends and he joins his fellow survivors on a faraway colony. However, Jack's concept of reality comes crashing down after he rescues a beautiful stranger (Olga Kurylenko) from a downed spacecraft. The woman's arrival triggers a chain of events that culminates in Jack's nearly single-handed battle to save mankind.
If anyone saw my Movie Love: Oblivion post in 2013 then you already know how I feel about this movie. It was a feast for the eyes with a sci-fi plot that will either intrigue you or confuse/bore you. This is not an in-between movie, you'll either like it or dislike it. Tom Cruise plays Jack Harper a man on a ravaged Earth who among other things repairs drones. Most humans are now off planet and other than his partner (in both work and life) there are no other humans he has direct contact with. That all changes when he saves a woman from what seemed to be an unprovoked drone attack. As secrets come to light and his life starts to fall a part Jack starts to see things as they really are and it is not a pretty sight. And like in my 2013 post I will again say to get the full scope you need to see this on the big screen. Stunning visuals, just...I can't say enough about the look of this movie. If you're curious go read up more about it and decide if it's a movie you would like to see whether through cable or a rental.
Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme sharing your thoughts and happenings. You just grab a button and create your post. Sure I guess I write it differently from most but moving on...
1. A to Z blog posts still going up as I write them. My plans to write all in advance hit a snag but I'll still get them up.
2. Working on a manuscript for Camp Nanowrimo. Check my twitter for more details.
3. I have decided to create a new blog called Movie Love. Yes you read right. My love for movies and going to the theater has only increased as I have been able to afford to go see them more often. So much so that it has practically taken over this blog. Now while I enjoy doing it this blog is supposed to have various topics including Book Reviews, Getting Personal and so on. Which is what led me to this decision. There will still be a movie love segment but I want to decrease it to once a month or so and let the new blog be where I post regularly about my thoughts on movies and son on. Here is what I will write about when the new blog comes in May. Subject to expansion.
A) My thoughts on movies I have seen whether in theaters or at home.
B) Youtubers who review movies. Might even try to get a few guest spots if possible.
C) Create segments to help diversify the content. So far I have: Cheap Seats Rewrites - Give a movie I think had issues my own quick rewrite flare. Not meant to push my zero screen writing skills.
D) Favorite characters, movie scenes.
E) Fan casting, ideas, etc.
4. Getting back in book review mode on my main blog. Tomorrow I'll have a review up for The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins.
5. Arrange to deal with that darn tooth and stop wishing to hurt a certain dentist.
6. Being Grateful.