Wednesday, 13 May 2015
Movie Love: Avengers: Age of Ultron and Celebrating Movies
Sunday May 10, 2015 I went to see Avengers: Age of Ultron. the much awaited sequel for the first Avengers movie. I will say this, I had a really good time watching this movie. While in some ways it's not better than the first in others it is even better. The lesser is simple things like the feel not being as coherent and put together as the first so pretty much technical mumbo critic jumbo. So moving unto why this movie is still awesome.
1. Way more risks were taken in this one. You will actually wonder who is going to survive at the end of all this insanity and while the first movie had it's moments...come on. We knew who was returning for the most part. This sequel has crazy and dangerous turns.
2. Ultron. Oh my God this villain knows how to pull the heart and disgust strings at the same time. James Spader definitely took some tips from his character Red from The Blacklist. Will not spoil it for you but damn...a really good villain. No Loki but...there is no other like Loki.
3. A romance arc that I wasn't expecting but some of you people might have. Watch the sparks fly for yourself. Oh and Hawkeye has his own surprise and no it's not more singing.
4. The way this movie stands out from the pack. Yes it is a sequel but I will tell you this. It could be made into one movie and still work. Not many of the Marvel movie series pull this off as well as Avengers 2 did.
5. The twins, these two power houses have their own storyline and trust me. You want to know.
6. This guy.
Rating: 4.5 Stars
GO SEE THIS MOVIE!
(Added this instead of doing another Post on Friday)
In the spirit of moviedom here are a few movies I plan to see at the theatre time and luck permitting when they come out. Enjoy your weekend folks.
Plan to see this next Tuesday. The others haven't arrived to Jamaica just yet.
at May 13, 2015
Awkwardly forgot to have a post ready for Monday. But today I get to share the cover for Jessica Brody's upcoming novel. I think it'...
Today I'm taking part in June 2017 WEP Challenge. Bridges is the theme whether literal or metaphorical. For more info, and to see a list...
Today we go fantasy with author Cameron Jace. I love his fairy tale retelling series and it spans years. This one is a reader's exclusiv...
Today I'm sharing the cover for Lies We Tell by Kelly Hashway. The book releases April 10th. Congrats Kelly and there's also a soc...