Red Series

Friday 29 November 2013

The Blacklist: Red on Punks, Goals and Celebrate a Birthday

Monday's The Blacklist blew the lid wide open with a new villain who has penetrated the fortress and plans to kill Red after making him suffer. Those who watched it know that Part Two is a must see. Those who haven't...well...you're missing out. The Blacklist has been a big hit and boost for NBC and next year promises only more of the greatness of one of the best new series of Fall 2013.

Plot according to WikipediaRaymond "Red" Reddington, one of the FBI's most wanted fugitives, surrenders at FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. He claims the FBI and he have similar interests in getting rid of dangerous criminals and terrorists. Reddington will cooperate only with Elizabeth Keen, a rookie FBI profiler. Keen questions Reddington's sudden interest in her, but Reddington will only reveal that she is very special. After the FBI uses Reddington's information to locate a terrorist, Reddington reveals that this terrorist is only the first of many criminals that he will help them neutralize. Over the course of his own criminal career, he has made a list of global criminals who he believes are truly dangerous to society, most of whom are unknown to the FBI. Reddington calls it "The Blacklist".




Red tries to save FBI Special Agent Donald Ressler's life.

But what I want to talk about is something Red said in the episode that really got me thinking.

"I won't let that punk out there get the best of me. Let alone the last of me" - Red

The world has all kinds of punks and while Red's punk is the extreme kind, us regular folks all have met a punk or two in your own life. Yet what Red says stands true. No punk should be allowed to get the better of you. Everyone has the right to live their life without a monkey on their back. Especially one whose only goal seems to be to make you miserable. People like that have something wrong within themselves and decide to take it out on other people. While punks will always exist, it is up to us who have to face them not to let them get to us. We might not always succeed, but like Red said, no punk's getting the last of me either. And that's my word on punk. Oh and Red rules.




Do you have Goals? Bloghop is hosted by Misha Gericke.

Aw boy. I have completely fallen off the rails with this. I will try to catch up in December and have my AYA website up.


This weekly meme is hosted by Viklit and participants celebrate the good things that happened during the week.

What am I celebrating? My birthday! Yes I am 29 today. My birthday will consist of books, family, television, going out, and just having fun. Yup, it's great to be me. And Sunday I'm seeing Catching Fire. Could've seen it earlier but my Mom wants to see the sequel too and unlike me isn't in a rush to see it alone. So I waited for her. Though I did say after this weekend I would go see it myself. Hey, before you judge me, I gave her two weekends. OK I guess that's terrible but I'm a Hunger Games fan and I had the money put aside for my ticket before the movie came out and with my tight budget that says a lot. Enjoy your weekend and hope those who celebrate Thanksgiving had a good one. What holiday did I celebrate yesterday? None. But today's my birthday so who cares? *Grins*

15 comments:

  1. Happy 29th Birthday!! I've become a Blacklist fan and I'm planning to see Catching Fire tonight also. Have a great birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Have a great day :)
    I saw Catching Fire on Tuesday, it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful birthday, Sheena! Wishing you all that's good. Have a wonderful weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved Catching Fire! Have fun and have a most wonderful birthday :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! May this year be blessed and may there be many more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Is this the first time you are tuning 29? I think my MIL has been there 40+ times :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday. I'm very inspired by your goal of creating a new genre. I've decided to do that myself. Right now I'm working on a Christian Gothic science fiction novel. For my next new genre, maybe an Amish zombie apocalypse. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a bit late, but Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, you've reached the age of perpetual agelessness. No matter how old you get, you'll never age a day beyond today. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!
    And I don't think you're bad at all. I mean, you could always go with her again if she insists and buys you a ticket...I mean two weekends? That's an eternity to a fan!
    I totally understand going off the rails. I guess we just load our wagons back on the road and keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday!!!

    I LOVE the Blacklist! OMG! One of my favs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry I missed your birthday. Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...