Red Series

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion: A Different Look On Zombie Life

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion




















I discovered this book over the weekend while looking up information on Eden by Keary Taylor. All I have to say is that the concept of this novel blew my mind and the premise drew me in completely. Warm Bodies follows a love story between R, a zombie, and Julie, a human girl. R while being a zombie wants more in life and Julie being human can probably provide it. But how can a zombie and human be together, especially when he takes her into his world of the undead? Guess you'll just have to read the book to find out. I plan to. This book seems to have taken both a fun and deed approach to what it's like to be a zombie. That they can be more than the ones we see in movies screaming 'brains!' I like that.

Also I got the chance to read the fisrt two chapters for the kindle on Amazon. After enjoying that snippet I know I'll be buying this book before the month is over. Check it out and decide for yourself.



Offficial Summary: R is a man with an existential crisis—he is a zombie. He shuffles through an America destroyed by war, social collapse, and the mindless hunger of his undead comrades, but he craves something more than blood and brains. He can speak just a few grunted syllables, but his inner life is deep, full of wonder and longing. He has no memories, no identity, and no pulse, but he has dreams.
After experiencing a teenage boy’s memories while consuming his brain, R makes an unexpected choice that begins a tense, awkward, and strangely sweet relationship with the victim’s human girlfriend. Julie is a blast of color in the dreary and gray landscape that surrounds R. His decision to protect her will transform not only R but also his fellow Dead, and perhaps their whole lifeless world. Scary, funny, and surprisingly poignant, Warm Bodies is about being alive, being dead, and the blurry line in between.



Book Trailer







Warm Bodies will also be made into a movie. The cast includes Nicholas Hoult  as R and Teresa Palmer as Julie. For more information click here.

You can purchase Warm Bodies at the following stores:

Amazon US, Barnes & Noble, Amazon UK, The Book Depository.

Thank you for stopping by and tomorrow starts the countdown to the self-published debut of my novel
Rachael Becoming Red, Book One in Red Series. Also Thursdays will now be Book Review Thursdays and this week I'll be reviewing Hanger 13 by Lindsay McKenna. This book took romance novels to a different level for me and I think it might do the same for you when you read my review.

6 comments:

  1. I've heard of this book before, and I must say that it is very different. You never hear of a girl falling in love with a zombie and romance blooming between the two, which is what makes this story one of a kind.

    Congrats on your upcoming novel debut! I know you're very excited about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting spin on zombies. My sister would love this book. I look forward to the release of your novel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely different and worth a look! thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Panda Ninja: Good to see the book interest you too. And thanks for congratulating me on my debut novel.

    Emily: Warm bodies is definitely unique. Can't wait for your thought on my novel!

    Tara Tyler: You're Welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a brave book reader. This is the kind of concept I would never have given a chance. Now I am intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover is amazing. I'm not that into zombie stuff but my SIL boyfriend is. Maybe I'll have him read it and tell me what he thinks.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...