Red Series

Thursday 9 November 2017

Book Review: Rotten Rapunzel

Title: Rotten Rapunzel by Anita Valle (Dark Fairy Tale Queen Series #3)

Publication Date: September 20, 2017

Source: Purchased kindle copy on Amazon

Purchase: Kindle, Amazon Paperback, Barnes and Noble Paperback



Summary on GoodreadsI have been in this tower for fifteen years. Snow White has frozen me inside it 
and covered the rest of our kingdom with ice and snow. I can't remember what
summer is like. And I have never seen people or had a friend.
It's not fair. I'm a princess, the daughter of Cinderella. This kingdom belongs to ME. Not to the nasty new queen who's taken over. Snowy ruined my life, she
doesn't care about me. She only keeps me because I cry magic tears.
I have to escape. Have to take back the palace before my lost twin gets it. Have to punish Snowy for wrecking the kingdom. Have to make at least ONE stupid
friend. And I really have to do something about my hair.

Book Review

This book really grabbed my attention from the start. I have been a fan of the series since book one and must say the third book Rotten Rapunzel is the best by far. The writing and story combine beautifully with a compelling story from beginning to end. Like every book, the main character has a bratty/naughty attitude. No sugar and spice females head these series. Each character feels owed something and Rapunzel's no different. Treating Snow, her older sister, and caregiver as more of a maid than a sibling and parental replacement. Readers are taken through the process of Rapunzel at the start of the book and who she becomes at the end of it. Like each book, change does come in a variety of ways. Every chapter has an evolution to what will eventually be the conclusion. I enjoyed the first two books despite them not being five star level in my opinion. Anita Valle had written compelling tales no matter the faults. But this time I believe she has found the perfect balance between writing and story structure. Highly recommend to new readers and fans alike.

Oh and don't worry readers. A certain fairy will make an appearance, oh yes she will.

Rating: 5 Stars

3 comments:

  1. Interesting twist. I assume she becomes just a little less vengeful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a good case for adding another book to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...