Monday, 7 November 2016
Monday MishMash November 2016
Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme created by Kelly Hashway for sharing what's going on in your life and noggin. You just grab a button and post your business...I mean thoughts online. No biggie. Have fun!
1. Over the weekend there was a lot of talk on twitter about a certain 2017 release YA with overtones that were considered very racist or prejudiced. Word of warning. If you make your fictional characters in any way based off or similar to marginalized people in the real world...prepare to get blasted if you do it in a way that offends them. Especially when your book allegedly has potential 'white savior' syndrome. That really needs to stop. NOW.
2. Writing will be a big thing this week. With Nano going on and freelance orders...time to work.
3. I'm going to start watching shows on Netflix again. Just need to schedule things so I'm not still writing at night. I missed you.
4. Read at least two books this week. I keep starting and stopping with books of late. That needs to end.
5. Continue dropping in on Facebook book events. They're fun.
So that's it for me. Pretty regular week ahead. Except for that it's Nano and my birthday month! God Bless.
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that allows us to spotlight books we are eagerly anticipatin...
Today I'll be integrating my Getting Personal segment with the A to Z Reflection post. 2016's A to Z Blogging Challenge ended A...
This week has been a tough one. With the flew last week I had a few setbacks but got through all right. This week was different however. I...
The day has finally come. Time to reveal the cover of Sacrifice HER. Be amazed. Title: Sacrifice HER by Sheena-kay Graham Goodreads: ...