Venue: Carib 5
So on with the show as they say.
1. With an in dept story line and computer animation that boggles the mind. Why not go see it. Trust me this one of the few movies that uses every bit of it's 3D price tag wisely. Plus for all those who had doubts that Disney's latest slate of live action of animated tales could anything but bubbly princess or other female led movies, be aware that it can. This movie gives me confidence that a live action Lion King can be done well and trust me, that says a lot.
2. Shere Kahn. Yes you need to go see a computer animated tiger. But he is so much more than that. This menacing villain doesn't even need to speak to be menacing. Just the very presence of this danger to Mowgli's life sends ripples of fear throughout the jungle and might just give you a chill up your spine in that dark movie theater.
3. The computer animation. Trust me whether or not you are a huge fan of computer graphics the story intertwined with this on screen artistry needs to be seen. The very fact that talking animals in a live action can be so amazing and realistic in a dark family movie in 2016 speaks volumes. Want to see something half as chilling as Shere Kahn? Just follow the monkeys.
4. Mowgli and the actor who plays him. This little boy has a bright acting future ahead of him if he decides to move forward. Who can believe that he even did some of his own stunts!
5. Everything! This movie has received critical acclaim for a reason. The action, visuals, dialogue. Nothing is wasted and it is so amazing that I would recommend this to a blind person. Yeah I said I would recommend this highly to the blind. Best audio they'll hear on the big screen. Hopefully what I just said was not prejudiced. I do know that there are theaters that cater to the blind and even without some do go to movie theaters anyhow.
Thanks for stopping by and have you seen The Jungle Book (2016 film) yet? Has this post convinced you give it a shot? Have a great weekend.