Express Yourself Meme this week wants a list of five book world's I wouldn't want to live in and five that I would want to go to.
1. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood - If you read it, you'd know why.
2. The Diary of Anne Frank - Same here.
3. Moonless by Crystal Collier - Seriously the soulless are scary. And the passionate can be...a bit too passionate.
4. Delirium by Lauren Oliver - Love a disease? Please!
5. Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews - Incest. Need I explain any further? Love the books but would never take a character's place. EVER.
1. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling - Screw The Dark Lord, I want to see some magic.
2. X-Men created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby - Comic, novel, movie....who cares! Sign me up!
3. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare - I just want to see it. No I don't any powers, just a back stage pass.
4. Um...Oh Batman Universe - Yup, I want to see Batman...and Poison Ivy from a distance.
5. Static by L.A. Swift - Hey I would like to see someone change from female to male or vice versa. Plus can you imagine how insane Wendy William's Hot Topic segment would be if this was real life? Tell me you wouldn't want to get a peek at that?
Yes I picked comics too but I don't care! It's my list.
Celebrate the small things
Sadly not my best week but I do have something to be happy about. Yesterday I saw that Riptide Publishing retweeted my netgalley review of Static. Also I have been ruminating about it and decided I want to complete Monster City before October 2014 so I can enter it in the 2015 Times/Chicken House Children's Competition. Worst case scenario if I don't make it I can always enter Chickenhouse Open Submission if they have it again next January. Monster City is a w.i.p. MG and I would feel more comfortable having help from a publisher selling it than doing it on my own. Also I write mostly YA and don't want to give mixed signals to any agent by shopping it out first. I know agents can do both YA and MG but since this might be my only MG, I just feel more comfortable trying to get it to a publisher on my own first. Plus I'm holding out for Circa being my first manuscript to shop to agents next year or later.
Yes that's my celebration this week. Enjoy your weekend.
While I hoped to review Punisher today. Due to health and personal reasons that's sadly not possible. I will be taking a break until nex...
Today I'm taking part in June 2017 WEP Challenge. Bridges is the theme whether literal or metaphorical. For more info, and to see a list...
Today we go fantasy with author Cameron Jace. I love his fairy tale retelling series and it spans years. This one is a reader's exclusiv...
My does time go no matter what. June has arrived and with it another IWSG. Also thanks to our host Alex and his monthly co-hosts. Lovely tha...