Starting with my sixth I won this one in July 2012 from Elizabeth Seckman. I was so touched and even though it took so long for me to acknowledge this award on my blog, I know she knows that I appreciate her greatly.
Thank you Elizabeth, you're a dear friend and top notch blogger buddy. Now to pass this on.
For my seventh Mark Means gave me the Liebester Award in February 2013. I actually missed out on it until recently but I'm plenty appreciative. Thanks Mark!
1. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog:
A big "thank you" to Nancy at Writer's Mark! (I love that name, btw)
2. Answer eleven questions posted by the presenter, ask your nominees eleven questions, and list eleven random facts about yourself.
3. Nominate eleven bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
4. Post the award on your blog.
Eleven Random Facts About Me.
Love Cartoons, hate ironing, enjoy blogging, still haven't gotten a passport, won two books last week, enjoy winning blog awards, bought my mom a cake for Mother's Day this year, wrote this post Saturday night for Monday morning, have no idea what to get my dad for Father's Day this year, came up with a new story idea that is my first Middle Grade, and I cried while watching an emotional scene during CW's season finale of Arrow.
Now to answer Mark's Eleven Questions:
1. You get to choose one super power....something the ordinary mortal can't do...what is it?
Teleportation. I considered flying but why risk dying from lack of oxygen, hitting UFO's (which will probably turn out to be birds, planes, a missile....) and other crazy crap when I could just get to that other place in an instant. First stop Japan. Then to all my blogger friends home to freak them out. What can I say, I like sharing. Ok more like freaking people out but in a cool way.
2. A 'crazy, wild-eyed, scientist pulls up in a shiny DeLorean and says he can take you anywhere in history. What do you tell him?
You turned me off at crazy eyes then I remembered it's Mark Means who referred this guy. If he doesn't take me to William Shakespeare like I requested and instead kills me I'll just find Mark and haunt him forever. Fair trade.
3. The country or the city. Where would you rather live?
City. I'll visit the country. Or maybe go in between and pick a suburb or a 'medium' town.
4. Your cat starts talking to you...and everyone else. What's the first question you ask?
Why are you talking? Duh!
5. A meteor is hurtling towards the planet and it looks like the 'end is nigh'. You have about 24 hours left. What do you do?
After panicking I'll try to fit all I can but not do it crazy style. Having a last 'chat' with my online buddies will be part of that along with visiting bookshops and hanging out with family and friends.
6. A famous author asks you to ghost write their next book and offers you a ton of money to do so....as long as you sign a contract to never reveal the secret. Do you do it?
Yes! I can keep a secret. And what's wrong with ghostwriting? Plagiarism is what I have a problem with.
7. You get the chance to host a small soiree' with five celebrities from any time period. Who do you choose?
Nanny of the Maroons (She's a Jamaican National Hero, I say she counts).
There will be a lot of reading and I'm certain Nanny will be happy to see Jamaica is a free country.
8. Waking up one morning, you find the world has suddenly, and mysteriously, run out of coffee. What do you do?
Not care, I hate coffee.
9. The Zombie Apocalypse has arrived. You have to grab one thing and one thing only as your weapon of choice to fend off the oncoming hordes of undead. What do you choose?
Cutlass, never shot a gun and I'm not going to experiment during an apocalypse that involves zombies. And yes I've used a cutlass, just not to kill anyone.
10. Someone gives you a million dollars on the condition that you have to give half to someone else. Who do you choose?
My cousin Shawnette, she's my best friend. I can share my half between my family.
11. Which cartoon....old or new...best describes your life?
Nickelodeon's As told by Ginger. If I were still a teenager. But like a lot of teens, I still live at home. And my life is pretty much typical and sorry but most of my toons contain magic or adventures I can't actually go on.
I now will nominate twelve bloggers:
Nancy LaRonda Johnson over at Writers Mark
J.L. Cambell over at Jamaican Kid Lit
JeffO over at The Doubting Writer
Jaybird over at Bird's Nest
Yvonne Lewis over at The Written Word of Yvonne Lewis
T. Drecker over at Kidbits
Jade Hart over at Jade Hart
Charlie Holmberg over at Myself as Written
Erin Shakespeare over at Erin Shakespeare Fantasy Writer
Gwen Gardner over at Gwen Gardner, YA Fiction Writer
Theresa over at Theresa Paolo
Jen Naumann over at Jen Naumann YA/NA Author of Paranormal Romance and Dystopian
I'm too tired to create eleven new questions so you all get to answer the questions Mark gave me. Yeah you read right.
And lastly my eighth award from Nancy LaRonda Johnson, thank you and you're a bit of sunshine yourself. She gave me the Sunshine Award which is for bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others across the blogosphere. Rules are you thank the person who awarded you, answer questions about yourself and select up to ten bloggers to pass the award to and let them know. And don't forget to post the badge.
What is your Dream Job?
My dream job would be writing full time. I write whenever I can and being able to sustain a living on it for a lifetime would be wonderful.
Why so few questions?
BECAUSE I AM TIRED. IT'S AFTER MIDNIGHT FOLKS.
And I pass this unto:
Express Yourself Meme
I'm reading a whole lot of blogs people. A whole lot of blogs. But I am excited about getting to read Lullaby by Amanda Hocking when it arrives. I won a US$10 book from TBD in a giveaway last week and I chose that one. I have a link to follow the order process and it was bought on Saturday. Counting the days!
So that's it, have a great day everyone.