Red Series

Monday 6 February 2012

"I'm Hearing Voices" Day 1: Characters on the Couch

Go to this linkto read about all the challenges.

February 6th - Monday: Characters on the couch: Have one of your characters answer the following questions (to make this work to your benefit, choose a character who is the hardest for you to write :) Max 250 words (Not including the questions—only the answers).

Circa from my novel Circa will be on the couch. She's the main character in my YA novel about about a teenager turned computer program gets a new lease on life when she ends up in the body of a teenager attempting suicide.

1. What is your biggest vulnerability? Do others know this or is it a secret?

It's a secret right now. No one knows that I used to be a teenager in the early 1990's until an experiment destroyed my body and turned me into a computer programme. Now in the twenty-first century I get another chance at human life thanks to a teengae girl attempting suicide using a tub and a 'stolen' laptop. I only know her name was Claire and now I have to navigate a new world with white hair (hers was brown) and freaky bright blue eyes. I make a friend with a school drop out named Lux but he doesn't know my secret and I intend to keep it that way.

2. What do people believe about you that is false?

That I'm naive and shy. My years as a computer program has made me quite intelligent and I only avoid people to keep my secret. It's not easy to lose everything then gain something completely different. I cry alone sometimes, I have no one to relate to. I'm an anomaly, or in simple speak 'a freak.'

3. What would your best friend say is your fatal flaw? Why?

I guess Lux counts as my best friend... He thinks I'm too closed off, anti-social. I agree but I don't see it as a weakness. It's damn hard keeping to myself so I don't get exposed. What if the government came after me or those crazies who fried my body get a second wind? Curiousity might've killed the cat but it's not going to get me turned into a guinea pig or worse. Whatever worse is.

4. What would the same friend say is your one redeeming quality? Why?

Lux says I look exotic. Idiot.

5. What do you want most? What will you do to get it?

To just live a normal life. But with freaky powers, an even more so look, and not only the creators of my program looking for be but Claire being alive in Cyber Space. Not bloody likely. Yet...I'll kick every but of friend and enemy to achieve the life I want. Hell I deserve it!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You had me hooked automatically with the answer to question one! What an awesome premise and this interview was great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I was so nervous about it. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...