Red Series

Wednesday 11 January 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Legion and Poetry Corner #1

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that allows us to spotlight books we are eagerly anticipating to be released.




Strange enough this week's WOW I'm a bit hesitant to get too excited about. This is the fourth book in the Talon series and while I loved the first two, the third was a dud for me. Still I do have some anticipation for the upcoming book below and hope the cool blurb translates to me loving this series again. Please?


Summary from Goodreads: Dragon hatchling Ember Hill was never prepared to find love at all--dragons do not suffer human emotions--let alone the love of a human and a former dragonslayer, at that. With ex-soldier Garret dying at her feet after sacrificing his freedom and his life to expose the deepest of betrayals, Ember knows only that nothing she was taught by dragon organization Talon is true. About humans, about rogue dragons, about herself and what she's capable of doing and feeling.

In the face of great loss, Ember vows to stand with rogue dragon Riley against the dragon-slaying Order of St. George and her own twin brother Dante--the heir apparent to all of Talon, and the boy who will soon unleash the greatest threat and terror dragonkind has ever known.

Talon is poised to take over the world, and the abominations they have created will soon take to the skies, darkening the world with the promise of blood and death to those who refuse to yield.


Poetry Corner

I have been saying I plan to show case my poetry more and the moment has come. In this segment I'll be showing poetry. Whether by me or someone else, it is poetry time. The poem I'm sharing below is one from late 2010. Think I have advanced in my writing skills since then. I tried entering the mind of a deluded killer. Did I do it right?


The Last Walk

I climb the marble steps for my descent to hell.
No matter how loud the thunder gets.
I only think of that silver bell a top this great stony tower.
The thought of my mission makes my heart swell.

I’m ready to rain a bloody shower.
Upon the infidels below.
The ones in which the lies dwell.
How they smile their hellos.
Not seeing me set my guns above.
Soon their breathing will be shallow.
As I take down every fallen dove.


Thanks for stopping by. Friday I'll hopefully have book reviews up (if not then a different post instead) and announce the winner of the Thank You Giveaway. God Bless.



13 comments:

  1. That's a powerful poem, Sheena-kay! It gives me creepy shivers. The one word "infidels" changes everything. I hope that you enjoy "Legion"when it comes out. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess the poem had the desired effect. Words are very powerful. I hope to enjoy Legion as well.

      Delete
  2. Strange I've never heard of tha Talon Saga before, I do adore me some dragons! I've only had Safira from Eragon and Baliras from Young Elites in my translations so far :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is legion an adult book? I'd be interested if it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, Legion! Very cool! I didn't even know this series was still going! I've not read a Kagawa book but I think I have the first book in this series. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Sheena-Kay. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that poem! And I'm where you are when it comes to a series. I just finished the third book of another author's, and I was so disappointed! I'm hoping the fourth renews my love for the series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to try this series but I loved her Iron Queen one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the 4th one is like the 1st and 2nd for you and not like the 3rd.

    Very powerful poems. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the poem. Excellent work. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe it was just mid-series sag. I hope you like the fourth book! :) Also, good poem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read some of Julie Kagawa's other books, but I haven't got to this series yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read a book by Kagawa in a long time. I really like this cover. Green is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...