Red Series

Monday 2 January 2017

Happy 2017 and Goal Hop Update

It is 2017 everybody! I hope it finds you in good spirits and ready to tackle the New Year. The flu has reared up again but I'm undaunted in spirit. Ready to tackle any and everything. 2016 was quite a year with it;s highs and lows. No book published but I'm advancing in my freelance writing life and finding it quite fulfilling. Book release dates are kaput as I focus on writing for my clients and privately working on my own work. Will let you know if any specific progress is made in the future. But never fear there will still be plenty to share in book reviews, movie/netflix/television posts, IWSG, promotions, hops/challenges, giveaways, other bookish things and etc. The times are a changing but I'll still be here to blog with my peeps. Much love guys.

Also I won an award and got a badge for my WEP post in December. Look at it! I'm so proud. Congrats to the winner and everyone who entered. You can see the winners here. Expect more poetry on this blog as I open up myself more. Squee!



Goal Hop Update: December 2016



Yup this is technically my December post but with Christmas and other things, I just thought it was better to post this now. I changed my goal to 30,000 words a month.

December results: Under 20,000 words

What I wrote: Wattpad fan fiction, Freelance Work, Poetry.

What I did though not for word count: Expand my freelance reach by signing up for five more sites in December. One of which seems very promising with applications made. Since these offers expire by the end of January, I'm very optimistic. Already in talks for one of them. Fingers crossed!

What I didn't do: Manuscript writing. Sorry just wasn't up to it in December and when the flu hit my priority was set on reaching more freelancing clients.

Writing plans this month: Continue expanding my freelancing, writing for both work and fun (hence getting back in fan fiction), manuscript writing, submitting to magazines again (poetry and short fiction) and poetry writing. Plus I'll be blogging but that's not in word count.

Thanks for stopping by. Remember the Thank You Giveaway is still going until Friday Jan 6. See you Wednesday for the first IWSG post of 2017. God Bless.

17 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Sounds like you have some fantastic goals. And awesome that your freelance work is growing. My contract writing is too! I'll see you on Wednesday. I'm blogging on the first Wednesdays too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Natalie! Congrats on your writing growth. See you on Wednesday.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, hope the new one won't be just utopian, but true in success and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the freelance work! And your WEP award. What a great way to start 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your freelance work continues to expand successfully, while still leaving you time for your own writing. Best wishes for 2017

    ReplyDelete
  5. May this year bring you love, good health and tons of inspiration!

    Blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year. Congratulations on your award. I do love all things purple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year and congrats on the award! Best of luck with all your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year and congrats on your award! I can imagine your excitement when you found out. :) I'll be updating my blog sometime soon with 2017 goals as well.

    Best wishes for your goals this year. I'm sure you'll accomplish them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your award. Best of luck in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the award! I hope you have a wonderful year. Best of luck with your freelance efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the award and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you feel better soon and managed to get in some relaxation over the festive period! Looks like you're starting off 2017 in a big way - good luck with all your plans. And congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year! I hope you meet all your goals and resolutions this year! The only thing I really want to do book wise is get my TBR pile down and I'm slowing working on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your award - you deserved it. All the best in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keep your word counts high! Congrats on the win. It was a good piece.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...