Red Series

Friday 15 June 2018

Netflix Dragon: April and May 2018

Netflix Dragon segment is back. This week I'll be sharing what I've viewed for April and May. Perhaps you will find a new show/movie to stream and enjoy.

Shadow Hunters: Season 3 (First half)


With news of Freeform canceling the series, the second half was moved from this August 2018 to early 2019. Still, we had an exciting start to Season 3 with new main villain Lilith on the warpath. Clary has her shadow hunter skills put to the ultimate test as does the rest of the cast. Magnus and Alec face the challenges with their relationship on several fronts. Jace has his own demons to face. Other characters face challenges as well and no one is left unscathed. The first half left us a huge cliffhanger not knowing if some characters even survived. Needless to say 2019 needs to hurry up.


Black Lightning: Season One


I completed the season of this new amazing superhero show on the CW. Airing on Netflix the following week helped me stay on top. This black superhero family was built from the ground up and I enjoyed every minute of it. Season 2 is a must see when it starts.

Billions: Season 3


Chuck Rhodes and Bobby Axelrod are at it again. Watching their rivalry to stay ahead of the law and destroy each other is just captivating. Especially when they have to team up to ensure each other's survival. Highly recommend. So glad Showtime allowed Netflix to stream this series.


Megamind


Megamind was a fun film to watch. I have heard it was one of the most popular among Dreamworks Animation fans and I can see why. Not without its flaws, the film takes its own turn with how a supervillain defines himself and just what it really means to be a hero. A fun watch.


A Series of Unfortunate Events: Season 2


I enjoyed the second season for this series which was ironic since I loathed the first season. Minus the last two episodes which I didn't even watch because I found most of the season one so irksome. But the new format of doing each episode in two parts for season two has solved a lot of issues from the previous season. If you liked the first then the second will be even better. If not I leave it to you to decide if a second chance is worth it. It was for me.


Amityville: The Awakening



This horror is both a tragedy in story and quality. Nothing great but still touching enough to feel bad for a family torn apart by accidents and terrible decision making. If you want to watch another Amityville horror film or a fan of the lead actress, go ahead. Otherwise, there is no real need to watch this film. I thought it was serviceable but not that good.


Evil Genius: the True Story of America's Most Diabolical Bank Heist



While this documentary was well done it was also very prejudicial. Highlighting one criminal as this monstrous mastermind while sidelining her mental illness and allowing male partners in crime a slide despite being just as responsible. It is still a great watch but I wished the blame was spread more fairly across the board. Plus there's no question that this was a horrible crime and all participants deserved to go to prison. Except for the one victim who was dragged into this scheme then blown up. Tragic.


Trollhunters: Season 3


I plan to do a full review for this soon. Season 3 has Jim and his friends/allies dealing with consequences from the previous season as well as new challenges. An epic event that's a must watch for any fan of the show and potential newcomers. I can't recommend this show enough for all ages.


Other Shows:

The Blacklist - Rewatched Seasons 1- 2 in preparation to watch Season 4.

Kung Fu Panda 2 - Rewatched both for fun and research purposes for a future Youtube channel.

The Incredibles - Rewatched since Incredibles 2 is coming to theaters in June.

Thank you for stopping by. Did you see any shows you might want to see? Any old or new favorites? Let me know and see you next Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Freeform keeps cancelling shows like there is no tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...