Tuesday, 15 May 2018
Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Disliked Reading
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl.
I generally enjoy most of the books I've read. So I decided to just list the books I didn't like reading because I'm not usually glad if they were unenjoyable. This list is in no particular order except for #1.
1. Riot School by Robert Rayner - This book was absolute trash. Not sorry, it was racist, Islamophobic, Anti-Muslim, sexist, misinformation and so many other things. Worst of all it was touted as educational material for young readers. Just thinking about this book makes me upset. As if we are not already trying to make the world a better place without this crap. A huge no!
2. Soldier by Julie Kagawa - There was so much potential but it got bogged down by a sudden switch in focus and a drop in writing quality. The love triangle was always around but when it suddenly took priority over everything else without reason it just messed up the third book in this series. I continued since not everything was awful but I still don't understand why this book even exists.
3. The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare - If you wanted Harry Potter to bore you, here's the perfect book.
4. Willow by V.C. Andrews - So boring it's almost fatal. Stay away!
5. The Mortal Instruments: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare - I feel so betrayed. What did I do wrong universe? I love this series and the author but I think this book tried to kill me. I'm just floored, it was so bad.
So that's my list this week. Thank you for stopping by and I'll be trying to post regularly as of now. My health has been unexpectedly in a downturn of late. Take care.
Author Announcement: Sacrifice Her has been renamed Running Scared. View cover reveal and new plot here . Add on Goodreads . The Sacrifice S...
Today I'll be integrating my Getting Personal segment with the A to Z Reflection post. 2016's A to Z Blogging Challenge ended A...
Please Note: Netflix Nation segment has been renamed Netflix Dragon. I would like to expand this segment online and #NetflixDragon can now b...
Source: Pixabay artist Leave it to me to be late for my own goodbye party. I started this blog October 2011 and had an incredible jo...