Red Series

Friday 21 July 2017

Booktube-A-Thon TBR 2017 and Updates July 2017

Hey everyone. So nice to be back with my blogging people. Missed me?

Booktube-A-Thon TBR 2017

I was inspired by Jesse the Reader's recent booktube video to take part in this event. It's a fun week of reading and I'm excited to be a part of it. Feel free to check out the video below.



The challenge is read seven books in a week based off of different themes.

1. A book with a person on the cover

Trials of Apollo by Rick Riordan

2. Read a hyped book.

Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh

3. Finish a book in one day.

Hell's Bells by Tatum Flynn

4. Read a book about a character that's very different from you.

The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead

5. Finish a book completely outdoors

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

6. Read a book that you bought because of the cover

Riders by Veronica Rossi

7. Read 7 books

Wink Poopy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke

Keep up with my progress on these links

Right here on my review blog Queendsheena

Main Author Site (Mid Week update and completion)

Instagram (Random updates and perhaps an answer to the video channel)

Twitter  (My tidbits during the challenge)

Updates 

1. Waiting to find out if I'll become an official contributor for the Mary Sue. Really hope I get in so I can write articles.

2. Planning to also submit proposals to other online magazines. Bustle is among them.

3. Waiting on the results of an online story contest I entered.

4. Missed July IWSG by accident. Promise that won't happen for August. Awkward.

5. Will start dropping reviews again soon and also bringing back movie and Netflix reviews. Slowly but surely.

6. Getting ready to work with Najla Qamber, an amazing cover designer in August and September. Self-publishing plans are looking up!

7. Freelance work is a go. Taking it one day at a time.

8. Watching my health day by day. Also going to look after my mother starting Saturday when she returns from having surgery. Let's see how I get a workaholic to stay in bed.

 9. Writing for myself started in July then stalled but I hope to get things going again after the weekend.

10. I'm back on Netflix after a hiatus and catching up on my series and movie watching.

11. Finally started going back to the movies. I have seen Transformers: The Last Stand, Captain Underpants, Spiderman: Homecoming and Wonder Woman. I'll have to put most movie going on pause to watch mom but when others are home I plan to try and squeeze in a few more including War for the Planet of the Apes, Despicable Me 3 and Dark Tower. Also I think there's some subliminal messaging going on because I'm getting the urge to go see The Emoji movie. The fact that there's news of a Transylvania 3 Short in front of it isn't helping. Fight the urge, you know the movie's awful.

So that's all I have to say today. See you all next week and take care.


2 comments:

  1. Your fourth update made me chuckle.
    A book a day for a week? If comic books counted, I could do that.
    You don't want to miss War! Heartbreaking to watch but incredibly powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. The booktube-a-thon video was so entertaining. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...