Red Series

Wednesday 7 June 2017

IWSG: June 2017 Already?

My does time go no matter what. June has arrived and with it another IWSG. Also thanks to our host Alex and his monthly co-hosts. Lovely that he has help getting through that long list. Like Santa!



June IWSG Question: Did you ever say "I quit"? If so, what happened when you came back to writing?

Quit writing? Are you mad? I have taken breaks for various reasons. But really quit? Never. I have quit other things including believing my parents will ever accept writing as a career. But never writing. I pushed through to be a writer and there's no quitting in my past, present or future.


In the rest of my life I'm having a lot of fun taking part in writing prompts and hashtags on twitter. I have been regularly doing #authorconfession for a few months and loving all the bonds forming. For someone with limited IRL support, the internet is my lifeline. Love writing, reading and hanging out with my peeps which of course includes bloggers too. Thanks for stopping by and see you Friday.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Sheena-Kay ... writing opens up so many doors and am glad you enjoy it and the interaction you're able to get ... all the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Continue to stick with your writing and your belief in yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's too bad you're not getting more real life support from your family. Maybe they'll come around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of my writing support comes from the internet, too; my family aren't too fussed about reading my writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's in your blood now.

    I love that cat photo. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I've taken interruptions too. Glad you're so dedicated to your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so many people have, for example, quit blogging over the years, so many that the blogging world has totally changed in last five years... not for the better, sadly :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you, Sheena. Keep up the energy levels. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep on keeping on. For me, the enjoyment that comes from writing is enough to keep me going.

    ReplyDelete
  10. #authorconfession? That sounds like an epic place to connect. If I can find the time... =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cat! Nope, I've never quit. That would be like quitting exercise, or washing, or breathing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, sorry you don't have the IRL support you deserve! But we believe in you, and we're here. Big hugs from someone who totally gets how disheartening that can be. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you enjoy writing, there's no need to quit -- and you obviously get a lot of happiness from your writing! Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sound of the way you enjoy your writing career. It can be tough joining twitter and facebook groups and participating when you're in an opposite timezone, but I'm sure it'd be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you've found a productive way to use Twitter. To me it's the devil, just a raging ball of mindless anger and frustration. :-/

    IWSG June

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you've found support here on the 'net. While my family is supportive, they don't understand like other writers do. Hang in there, keep writing. Believe in yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We never can walk away from the things that make us happy. So happy you found the support online you weren't able to irl.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the Cat pic. :D I am so glad you've found such great support online. I am going to check out that hashtag - sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Like you, I would never consider quitting writing! That's almost the same as quitting breathing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have some family support so I can't complain too much but it get's old when other relatives keep asking me what I write about. I love that the thought of quitting seems so unreal to you; plus, the cat picture is great.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...