Express Yourself Meme this week wants a list of five book world's I wouldn't want to live in and five that I would want to go to.
1. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood - If you read it, you'd know why.
2. The Diary of Anne Frank - Same here.
3. Moonless by Crystal Collier - Seriously the soulless are scary. And the passionate can be...a bit too passionate.
4. Delirium by Lauren Oliver - Love a disease? Please!
5. Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews - Incest. Need I explain any further? Love the books but would never take a character's place. EVER.
1. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling - Screw The Dark Lord, I want to see some magic.
2. X-Men created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby - Comic, novel, movie....who cares! Sign me up!
3. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare - I just want to see it. No I don't any powers, just a back stage pass.
4. Um...Oh Batman Universe - Yup, I want to see Batman...and Poison Ivy from a distance.
5. Static by L.A. Swift - Hey I would like to see someone change from female to male or vice versa. Plus can you imagine how insane Wendy William's Hot Topic segment would be if this was real life? Tell me you wouldn't want to get a peek at that?
Yes I picked comics too but I don't care! It's my list.
Celebrate the small things
Sadly not my best week but I do have something to be happy about. Yesterday I saw that Riptide Publishing retweeted my netgalley review of Static. Also I have been ruminating about it and decided I want to complete Monster City before October 2014 so I can enter it in the 2015 Times/Chicken House Children's Competition. Worst case scenario if I don't make it I can always enter Chickenhouse Open Submission if they have it again next January. Monster City is a w.i.p. MG and I would feel more comfortable having help from a publisher selling it than doing it on my own. Also I write mostly YA and don't want to give mixed signals to any agent by shopping it out first. I know agents can do both YA and MG but since this might be my only MG, I just feel more comfortable trying to get it to a publisher on my own first. Plus I'm holding out for Circa being my first manuscript to shop to agents next year or later.
Yes that's my celebration this week. Enjoy your weekend.
Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...
Today I'll be integrating my Getting Personal segment with the A to Z Reflection post. 2016's A to Z Blogging Challenge ended A...
Source: Pixabay artist Leave it to me to be late for my own goodbye party. I started this blog October 2011 and had an incredible jo...
Hey guys, I have two trailers to discuss today. So settle in. Brightburn Ever wondered what it would be like if Superman were evil. Not ...