I have four blog awards now. Today I'm dealing with my latest two. To read about about the first two click here.
From Tara Tyle I received this award. To read the funny story she wove to and for all awardees click here.
Also I pass this award along to: Panda Ninja, Rachel Morgan and Christy. All you have to do is something fun to show off your blogging versatility.
Shade Me: Book One
Cassie lay on her bed staring at the blue starred ceiling. She had given up a lot to live as a human. No more drifting through the chilly nights with her fellow shades. Feeding time was what she'd miss most. Gliding in small groups in their cloaks and stretching out their graying bone hands to stun their prey and take what was needed. Communicating with sweet groans and feeling what your nearest shade felt... This would creep any human out but she missed it. But not enough to stay in the darkness.
Now she was Cassie Blake. Sixteen year old high school student with a popular best friend, Elizabeth Bailey a.k.a Lizzie. Who always wanted to get her a makeover and do fun loud things. She turned the girl down sometimes but secretly loved Lizzie's light. However like all she had a bane to her existence. Bardford Teft. A vampire.
Yes!! I finished it in seven minutes and used the last three for edit. I'm awesome. More so, I didn't even have a title when I started. Even better, I thought up a theme song just before starting. Crazy!!
P.S. : Cassie in Shade me having the same name as loving blogger Cassie Mae is a complete coincidence. But hey, it's still cool to have a character indirectly named after you, right? And not on purpose!
Theme Song: Ellie Gold's 'Lights'
Use Your Words. Thank you Lizzie!
Now on to the requirements. Which I'll follow to the T this time.
1. Name and thank the blogger. Check.
2. List 7 facts about yourself.
3. Share award with five fellow bloggers.
Seven Facts About Me
1. My ears have never been pierced. Everytime I decide to do it something distracts me. Oh look, a dust mote! Or you can check these hilarious images.
2. No tattos. NEVER!!
3. I write about mostly white people in my ya novels. I guess it's because of the type of stories I loved reading while growing up and Jamaica has only recently embraced story writing for novels that don't sound like literary books from school. Sorry but it's true. And no, I have no black girl sad about not being white complex. Not everyone who has interest in another race hates their own. Yesh! I love Jamaica and being black. Once you go black you never go back. Yeah!!
4. I plan to purchase a cake with my shelved Red Series book Rachel Becoming Red book cover. Hey, big time writers get parties with the cake designed like their book all the time! All I have to do is save some money. And I plan to post pics for y'all to see.
5. I love chocolate but hate chocolate based proucts (brownies, chocolate buscuits and cookies, etc).
6. As a teenager one day alone at home I took my top off and danced around the living room. I was lost in the music people! No regrets. Because no one saw me.
7. I'm thinking These are a lot of facts.
Now to award five other bloggers. Drumroll:
Cassie, Emily R. King, Kelley, Tara Tyler and Lyla Lee