Red Series

Tuesday 27 November 2018

Movie Love: Artemis Fowl Teaser Trailer

Disney is really going out there with trailers in November. There's even the rumor out there that we will soon be getting the Avengers 4 teaser trailer. But right now I'm discussing the spanking new trailer dropped today for Artemis Fowl.

According to the synopsis on WikipediaIn order to rescue his criminal father and restore the family fortune, Artemis Fowl II and his trusted servant and bodyguard Domovoi Butler seek the existence of fairies (believing that it makes a connection to his father) in hopes of robbing them.

Personally, I found the trailer to be very lacking. The music was really good and so was the voice over but other than a few scenes I found everything to be meh and confusing. This isn't something like The Lion King where familiarity is to be expected and you can easily get away with little or no introduction. What I got from this at first was that some kid was out there somewhere causing mischief...oh and there's magic. Um, ok. That is not going to make me run for the theaters much less the full trailer. Plus there are adults fighting, a female transforms and floats in the air and that boy who seems to be Artemis Fowl stands around in a suit. Yup, that's the trailer from my view.

Thankfully I was able to find out more via watching trailer reactions and looking up on the books. I will say on the positive side that the trailer reminded me that I have been meaning to buy the book. I ended up buying the first three in a box set on Book Depository ($26 US for three books is a steal!). I wish I could give more details on this trailer but it was too confusing to me. The trailer is below and so is a reaction from Youtuber, Grace Randolph. Hopefully, both can do better than I did.

P.S.: As a fairy fan I'm not appreciative of some genius punk robbing them. I hope he gets his ass kicked.




Here's one regular movie review/news Youtuber, Grace Randolph's reaction:



Have you seen the trailer? What do you think? Are you familiar with the Artemis Fowl book or mythos? Thanks for stopping by. See you tomorrow for Waiting on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...