Red Series

Thursday 29 November 2012

Getting Personal: Happy Birthday!

Today is my birthday and the beginning of my new weekly post Getting Personal. I decided to do this post because I don't discuss my personal life much. Not because I'm some secret agent living a life of intrigue, but because sometimes things just slip by. But with this weekly post now active, there is nowhere for me or my inactivity to hide.




Back to the point though. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! I'm 28 years old today and I'm planning on getting stuff with the best gift ever. Cash. Yes I'm the girl who is gifted cash to spend. While some might shirk and say it's a cheap way of escaping buying a gift. I don't mind at all. In the past being the unique one in my family created some 'nightmare' scenarios in the gift giving process. When people refuse to accept you as you are, they give crappy gifts. There are gifts around that I'll never use or wear because I was given them despite the knowledge I didn't want them. Don't get me wrong, I respect gift giving. But come on, you don't give a girl who hates watermelons a gift card to an all you can eat watermelon themed buffet. All it does is make the person angry. And feel completely invisible when they speak.




So in closing I'll be enjoying my birthday with some shopping and strolling. Hopefully add a book that will make me as happy as when I bought Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I'll also be treating myself to a nice lunch and dinner. But over the weekend I'll finally see the last Twilight movie. Happy Birthday to Me! And all the November Girls. Virtual Cupcakes for you all!


And to all my readers and blogger friends.




13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you've got a lot of fun planned. The cupcake is so sweet... and I'm assuming there's no watermelon in it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!
    A watermelon buffet?
    Cash is good. So are gift cards. I can never receive too many iTunes gift cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy birthday. Taking care of yourself if number. I know you know that. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. celebrate! celebrate! have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tis not the season to give unwanted to gifts *wags finger*

    Happy Birthday and enjoy your shopping, reading, movie watching and lunch-munching!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm an August girl...but I'll take a cupcake too! I think cash is a fine gift. Happy Birthday lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have an awesome birthday! And I totally agree. I only ask for Amazon and iTunes gift cards. My grandma always gets me so many necklaces and shirts I don't like… haha but I feel bad telling her.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a great birthday! Coming to your blog from the blindsided blogghop, nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Sheena-kay! :) I hope it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to you, from one cash girl to another :D

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...