Tuesday, 20 August 2019
Top Ten Tuesday: Favourite Tropes
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl.
Today I get to share with you my ten favourite tropes. These gems help spice up any story.
1. Fairytale Retellings: I love these so much. I even write them and enjoy that beyond words.
2. Band of Misfits - When the chaos breaks out this ragtag group will do their best to fix things. Even if they don't really want to.
3. Magical Training - Yes, please.
4. Quest - Whether to save the world or for other purposes, this trope is a good friend of mine.
5. Prophecies - I love them, more so when they go haywire or come true in disastrous ways.
6. Time Travel - Whether to distant lands or five minutes ago. I'm here for this!
7. Dark Stories - I want my pain and angst. Don't at me!!
8. The Found Family: Not all relations are bound by blood.
9. The Not-Chosen One- I love it when something happens to the person who was supposed to save the world or do an important task and another individual far from qualified has to do it.
10. Vampires and all those paranormal goodies - Mine!!
That was my top ten for this week. Any special tropes you hold close to your heart? See you tomorrow for Waiting on Wednesday. Thanks for stopping by.
Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...
Today I'll be integrating my Getting Personal segment with the A to Z Reflection post. 2016's A to Z Blogging Challenge ended A...
Source: Pixabay artist Leave it to me to be late for my own goodbye party. I started this blog October 2011 and had an incredible jo...
Hey guys, I have two trailers to discuss today. So settle in. Brightburn Ever wondered what it would be like if Superman were evil. Not ...