Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme created by Kelly Hashway for sharing what's going on in your life and noggin. You just grab a button and post your business...I mean thoughts online. No biggie. Have fun!
1. I have decided to kill the Tuesday posts I tried to restart. I'll do my best to post my usual Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Any other dates might be for special notices or promotion and I'll add an alert beforehand to let you know.
2. Still riding high from selecting a model for a January 2017 photoshoot. Never did I think when I first started this blog I'd get to the point where I was making such decisions. Back then I was mostly interested in getting published traditionally and maybe publishing a few self published books with just pre-made covers. How time has changed. Plus my NA novel Huntress will be my first venture into the New Adult arena. Of course I had to be non-conventional and bring to life the journey of young flesh eaters (they hate being called 'cannibals').
3. I watched all of Luke Cage episodes on Netflix in three days. While the first episode was off for me, especially with pacing. The rest of the episodes were well done and characters and story lines shone. I'll never look at sunglasses the same way again and Misty is now more than just a weather change and that female character on Pokemon. Definitely recommend and if the first episode wears on you a bit, try to get to the third before making a full decision on whether to watch or not. Pace yourself, I'm not a binger and only do this heavy quick watching for few shows. I can go weeks without watching Netflix or only using it once or twice every two weeks if I'm not putting myself on blast to watch things quickly.
4. I'm determined to take life one day at a time. Slow and steady wins the race. Rushing and knocking myself out...nope.
5. I ran into some extra money yesterday and bought a hardcover that dropped from $17 to $14. Yay! This is why it's good to keep wishlist for the books you really want. Get to catch some of those deals right on time.
6. Forgot to add that After Loving You by Ashley Drake (Kelly Hashway's pseudonym) is out today. Pre-ordered mine so my copy is with me. Feel free to buy a copy yourself if you think this story would interest you.
Do you have goals hop
Since admitting I can't make a 2016 release date for The Missing Girls Series, I've been determined to ensure the new date sticks. Getting cover reveals for the other covers together, preparing marketing and the rest of all that crazy but necessary stuff when releasing a book. While that data disaster did throw me back, I'm not out. Writing has always been a big part of me and that will never change. Here's to March 2017!
Thanks for coming and see you Wednesday. For real this time. God Bless.