Red Series

Saturday 16 April 2016

Nightcrawler

Nightcrawlerfilm.jpg

Source: Wikipedia

Summary from Google: Los Angeles denizen Louis Bloom (Jake Gyllenhaal) survives by scavenging and petty theft. He stumbles into a new career as a cameraman and -- armed with a camcorder and police scanner -- begins nocturnal forays across the city in search of shocking and grisly crimes. When he catches the eye of a shopworn news director (Rene Russo) who welcomes the chance to raise her station's ratings, Louis goes to increasingly greater lengths to catch the "money shot."


This movie was one of those gems you're just glad you were smart enough to go watch.  A guy going from petty theft to cameraman is just the tip of this marvelous iceberg. There is not much I can say without giving away the plot so I'll just say you must see it. Everybody has dreams but the ways and lengths the star of this movie goes to get them is just mind blowing. So much so sometimes you almost agree with him despite being appalled. Now that is great acting and writing coming together in one movie.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, his slow descent was disturbing. He was a slimy character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to weird for me, but I do love seeing Gyllenhaal even though he seems a bit lost in his career after BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! Is this a newer movie? I've never even heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of it; will have to see if my husband has; might be interesting to see.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of it, but still need to watch it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...