Red Series

Wednesday 2 July 2014

IWSG: Nerves and Shark People?


The Sand felt like a second skin between my toes.

So started yesterday my July Camp Nanowrimo project The Bite Sisters. Right now I am excited to see where this stored away idea now brought to life will take me. But I'm also nervous. My MC Tiffany is a bit like the typical lacking in confidence teenager. I try to avoid that because I don't want to be the Debbie Downer of YA books. Sometimes it seems that too many YA books take this route. Yet I know I have a story to tell and maybe a teen should be nervous about being a part of the secret race of 'shark people'. What do you guys think? Am I making much ado about nothing or do I have reason to nervous. Otherwise I'm very excited about my latest manuscript.

On other news sadly I was unable to see How To Train Your Dragon 2 yesterday due to a huge bus debacle which ended with the bus I finally got on being pulled over by the police and taken away by a wrecker. I mean seriously talk about a sign to go home. I was at the bus stop for over an hour!

But at least today I get to say that I sent the defective laptop in the mail on Monday to await my refund and today I'm getting my new glasses! I was called after 10:00 a.m. and told they're ready! Three Business Days is way better than 5-10! Yay me! Hope you guys have a great day and thanks Alex for IWSG. It's a great place to relax and vent.

10 comments:

  1. Better to be a secret race of shark people than to be eaten by sharks...
    Almost all teens lack in confidence, so I think you're good there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your Camp NaNo project! I haven't started mine yet, but I'll get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9 out of 10 teens are insecure. I don't think it'll be cliche at all.

    Your bus was pulled over by the cops? That is a bad sign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Sheena,
    What Diane and Alex said. Write your story. Your character will tell you her story just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're on to something good...keep going...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think being nervous about your character is normal. Just write her the way she tells you to. Our characters are great at leading us in the right direction. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your character will talk to you and tell you how she wants to be. Sounds like an awesome idea, good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go with your heart. Tell your story, or rather, have your character tell her story. She will tell it the way it should be told, from the perspective of a nervous, insecure teenager who lacks confidence. Sounds like some writers we know, doesn't it? Myself definitely included. :) BTW, I really like the idea of the secret race of shark people.

    Good luck with Camp. Let me know your NaNo name so I can look for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joining you with Camp NaNoWriMo :)
    Never seen police pull over a bus! Was definitely an omen to go home!
    Suzanne @ Suzannes-Tribe
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy to hear your're getting a great start on your book. Sorry about the missed movie.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...